Trip title: Ex Leh Bike Expedition | Destination: Leh to Leh | Type: Amateur Biker | Duration: 7nights/ 08 days | Best time: Mid of June to end of Sep | Grade: Moderate | Maximum Altitude: 5602m/ 18380 ft
Day 01: Arrive Ladakh:
On arrival at Leh airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Leh is in the adobe of the rocky paradise of Ladakh depicting eternal beauty and wrapped in the most beautiful design of mighty Himalayas. However since it is located at an altitude of over 3000m above sea level, it is imperative that you spend rest of the day acclimatizing to the climate of Ladakh. The rest of the day is at leisure. Evening you will check your Royal Enfield and take a rest ride near hotel. Overnight stay in hotel (Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner)
Day 02: Acclimatize in Leh & half day sightseeing (Shey & Thiksey Monasteries)
This morning after breakfast you would be provided MUV. Proceed to visit Shanti Stupa built by Japanese monks to promote world peace. Later visit Leh palace, built in the 17th century in the grand tradition of Tibetan architecture. Post which we move forward to see Shey and Thikshey monasteries and a local guide would be accompanying. Post which we move forward to see Shey and Thiksey monasteries and a local guide would get to pick your Royal Enfield 500cc motorcycles. The rest of the evening is at leisure. Overnight stay in hotel (Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner)
Day 03: Leh- Kahardungla – Nubra valley (135kms)
This morning drive to Nubra valley 135 km, via Khardungla pass- world’s one of the highest motorable road (5602mtrs). On arrival check into your camp. Later in the afternoon visit the main Diskit monastery and the giant statue of Maitreya Buddha, which is the tallest Buddha statue in Ladakh. Later visit the white sand dunes at Hunder where you can enjoy the double Double Humped Bactrian camel ride. The rest of the evening is free for leisure activities. Overnight stay in camps (Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner)
Day 04: Nubra – Khardungla – Leh (135kms)
After breakfast drive back to Leh. En route visit Khardungla pass 39 kms from Leh. (Mountain Pass at 5578m/ 18300ft) Khardung – La which means pass of lower castle is major caravan route from Leh to Kashgar in Central Asia. The rest of the evening is free for leisure activities. Overnight stay in hotel (breakfast/ lunch/ dinner)
Day 05: Sham Valley Excursion (70kms)
This morning after breakfast visit military Hail of Fame, a glorious museum constructed by Indian army. You can see biographies of eminent defense personalities. Images and weapon used during Kargil war, Siachen and its heroes and their daily instrument and lifestyle of Ladakh people. You will also visit Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, a beautiful Gurudwara constructed in the memory of Guru Nanak, Later we go to Alchi, (3500m/ 11500 feet) a small village in the Indus Valley. 67 kms west of Leh. Abandoned centuries ago the Gompa or monasteryis known as Chos- kor or religious enclave and comprises of five temples. Enroute see the majestic Sangam – Confluence (where two rivers meet each other). Zanskar is the river formed from the junction of two streams. Lungnak means “dark gorge” and Stod, which carries the melt water of the great Drang – drung glacier. See the marvelous Magnetic Hill, a gravity hill located near Leh in Ladakh, India. The hill is alleged to have magnetic properties strong enough to pull cars uphill and force passing aircraft to increase their altitude in order to escape magnetic interference. (Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner)
Day 06: Leh to Pangong Lake
This morning after breakfast, proceed to Pangong Tso Lake, which is 134 km (83mi) Long and extends from India to Tibet. 60% of the Lake lies in China. During winter the lake freezes completely, despite being saline water. Before reaching Pangong Lake, you will pass through the Changla. A high mountain pass the world’s 3rd highest motorable road. It is on the route to Pangong Lake from Leh. The name literally means “Pass towards the south” or “Pass in the south” (Chang- south, La- pass). Overnight stay in camp. (Breakfast / Lunch /Dinner)
Day 07: Pangong Lake to Leh
This morning after breakfast proceed for Leh. After reaching Leh spend the rest of the day shopping at local market. We return the motorcycles back at the garage and get back to the hotel. Overnight stay in hotel (breakfast/ lunch/ dinner)
Day 08: Depart:
In the morning transfer to the airport to board the flight for your onward destination.
|03 roses/ naro/ Cho Palace||The Kaal Omasila/Mansrover/ caravan centre/ ladakh Inn|
|Nubra sarai camp/ Sand Dune camp/ Apple cottage||Nubra sarai camp/ Sand Dune camp/ Apple cottage|
|Pangong sarai camp/ Shambhala Camp/ Royal camp||Pangong sarai camp/ Shambhala Camp/ Royal camp|
- Royal Enfield 500cc motorcycle throughout the trip
- Fuel/ petrol for bikes
- Standard ISI marked Helmets & Regular Gloves (riders are recommended to carry their own gloves)
- Twin sharing accommodation in mentioned or similar hotels.
- Breakfast + lunch + dinner
- Backup support vehicle (Toyota Innova/ Scorpio / Mahindra Xylo or similar) to accommodate non- riders/ pillions who cannot ride the motorcycle along with their luggage.
- Support staff- experienced road captain with an additional motorcycle.
- Royal Enfield certified mechanic with spare parts for breakdowns
- Entry tickets for sightseeing as per itinary are included in the package.
- Government service tax as per actual
- Airfare from/ to your originating city of stay
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, portarage, room service , laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours/ excursions not included in the itinerary etc.
- Any increase govt. taxes, intra and interstate taxes etc. and the tour price will be amended.
- Camel ride fee.
- Any items/ services not specifically mentioned in the “ Inclusions”
- Journey to Ladakh terms and conditions apply
- All sightseeing is subject to weather conditions, political conditions in the destination.
- Journey to Ladakh will not be liable in case the tour is affected because of weather, political, local or any other conditions arise during the duration of the trip. Any additional expenses incurred due to the same would be borne by the participants.
- It is mandatory to carry avalid photo identity card (passport / driving license/ voterid card)
- Ride captain is subject to change anytime during the course of the expedition
- In case of any accident if the ride captain cannot continue further then the mechanic would be leading. As he too is an experience rider.
Ladakh Nuances of Nature (6Nights/7Days) || Incredible Ladakh (8Nights/9Days) || Diversity of Kashmir & Ladakh (8Nights/9Days) || Ladakh Baby Trek (7Nights/8Days) || Lakes and Passes with Nubra Valley(9Nights/10Days) || Trans Himalayan Safari – I (8Nights/9Days) || Trans Himalayan Safari-II (9Nights/10Days) || Ex Leh Bike Expedition (7Nights/8Days) || Ladakh Insight-I (7Nights/Days) || Ladakh Insight-II (7Nights/Days) || Ladakh Offbeat Package (6Nights/7Days) || Highway to Ladakh (10Nights/11Days)