KALAGARH TIGER RESERVE
Area: Kalagarh (KTR) is spread in over an area of 301.18 sq km. which also includes Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary. Kalagarh Tiger Reserve is the northern part of Jim Corbett National Park situated along with Lansdowne Forest Division of Uttarakhand. When Jim Corbett Park was established in 1974, the northern part of the park was renamed as Kalagarh Tiger Reserve
BIO-DIVERSITY OF KALAGARH TIGER RESERVE
Kalagarh is an abode for many wildlife species in Shivalik Mountain Range, of Pauri, Garhwal. As the name confirms, it has a high density of tigers, leopards and others from the cats’ family. It carries a lustrous breed of deers-chital, barking deer, goral, sambar, and hog deer. The herd of elephants can be spotted anywhere in the area while on excursion. Among others are porcupines, yellow-throated martens and langurs. The park has more than 580 species of birds, which includes kingfishers, wagtails, forktails, pheasants, hornbills, eagles, vultures; and about 50 species of mammals along with 25 species of reptiles like-crocodiles, king cobras, rock pythons and monitor lizards; as well as hundreds of species of plants and insects. The place is home to several species of trees such as sal, sheesham, semal, bakli, haladu, tun, sain, fig, bamboo, etc along with medicinal plants.
NIGHT STAY OPTIONS NEAR KTR
TIMINGS FOR VISIT
Tiger Reserve remain open from 15th November to 15th June every year for tourism. Rest of time it remain closed.
- 15th November – 15th February
- 16th February – 31st March
- 1st April – 15th May
- 16th June – 14 November
- 7:00 am – 10:00 am
- 6:30 am – 9:30 am
- 6:00 am – 9:00 am
- Reserve Closed
- 12:00 pm – 1 pm
- 12: pm – 2:00 pm
- 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Reserve Closed
Fees and Tarrif
- Park Entrance
- Gypsy / Safari
- INR. 1180
- INR. 4000 (1-6 persons)
- INR. 3300
- INR. 4000 (1-4 persons), 4500(5-6 persons)
Junlge Safari Packages (by Gypsy) for Kalagarh Tiger Reserve
It is 3-4 hours safari by Jeep, in which you can experience Jungle. Kalagarh Tiger Reserve is a a part of Corbett landscape and popular tourist destination located in the India state of Uttarakhand. The region is mainly famous for the Tigers, Elephant, Leopard and many more wild animals. Main transport options around the reserve are jeeps safaris. Private vehicles are not allowed inside the Reserve forest, and this is one point to note while taking up a trip to Tiger Reserve.
At Kalagarh Tiger Reserve you can get the chance of viewing Spotted Deer, Sambhar, Wild Boar, tiger, leopard, Barking deer,
Goral Two kinds of Bears Himalayan Black and Sloth, and over 400 bird species makes Kalagarh Tiger Reserve a
perfect wild life safari and bird watching destination.
Safari Price (Indian Tourist)-Vatanvasa and Saneh Entry Gate
- Park Entrance: INR. 1180
- 1 Gypsy / 1 Safari: INR. 4000
- Park Entrance: INR. 2360
- 2 Gypsy / 1 Safari: INR. 8000
Safari price (Foreigner Tourist)- Vatanvasa and Saneh Entry Gate
- Park Entrance: INR. 3300
- Gypsy / Safari: INR. 4000
- Park Entrance: INR. 3300
- Gypsy / Safari: INR. 4500
- Complementary: One Child upto 5 years on one Jeep.
- Entry fees is common from 1-6 guests for Indian and Foreigner Guests.
- Foreign Nationalist required to keep photo copy of their passport.
- Vatanvasa is near Lansedowne city. Guests staying at or around Lansedowne may come Vatanvasa Safari. From Lansedowne it will take around 1:30 Hours to reach.
- Saneh is near to Kotdwar city. It takes 20 minutes to reach Saneh gate from Kotdwar city. From Lansedowne it will take around 1:30 Hours to reach.
- While filling booking form, also mention the name, age, gender of each group member at Message Text Box.
- Same day booking is not possible. Book at least 48 hours before, it makes us to make arrangement properly.
- If you made payment for same day Safari booking and Safari is not available at same day, it will be shifted to next available slot and you will be informed by E-mail and SMS also. If you seek refund then it will be as per our refund policy.
- Above rates are valid for jungle safari for maximum 3 hours only.
- We strictly follow the timing so come in selected time.
- Sitting capacity of Jeep is 6 pax at at time. No sharing on booking
- Alternatively you can book Private Cottages/Camp/Resort with us with all meal facilities and addon activities at cottage site.
- Pickup from Kotdwara by Max/Bolero (Non-AC) cab charges will be extra
- Pickup from Resort / Rathuwadhab FRH / Mudiapani by Gypsy charges will be extra
- Guide charges extra.
- GST (5 % Extra)