The scenic beauty and the tranquility prevailing in this region has an unbeatable charm. The kaphni (kafni) glacier lies left of the pindar Valley below the famous peak of Nadakot (6880 mtr). As compared to pindar the valley is much broader and the rhododendron that bloom there are spectacular beautiful. The main Himalayan summits visible from the glacier are Nandakot (6880m) and Nandabhnar (6236m).
There are no rest houses beyond Dwali on the Kaphni trek so one has the use tents. Byali Udiyar is an ideal spot for a night stay there are grasslands to pitch a tent and caves for a convenient night halt.
The best season is May – June and September – October.
How To Reach Kafni Glacier
Bageshwar is well connected by road to all major towns of the state. Taxis are available for local transport.
Rail :- Kanthgodam is the nearest Rail head.
Air :- Panthnagar is the nearest Airport.
Song to Loharkhet : 03Km
Loharkhet to Dhakuari : 11 Km
Dhakuri to Khati : 08 Km
Khati to Dwali : 11 Km
Dwali to Kaphni : 12 km
- Day One – Arrive at Bageshwar – 975 mtrs
- Day Two- Bageshwar – Song- Loharkhet – 41 Kms – Motorable (Night stay at Loharkhet)
- Day Three- Loharkhet to Khati – 2210 mts – 19 km trekking (Night Stay in Tents)
- Day Four- Khati to Phurkia – 3250 mts – 16 km trekking (Night Stay in Tents at Phurkia)
- Day Five – Phurkia – Zero Point – Dwali 2575 mts – 21 Kms Trekking (Night Stay in tents at Dwali)
- Day Six- Dwali- Dhakari – 2680 mts – 19kms Trekking (Night Stay in Tents at Dhakari)
- Day Seven – Dhakari – Loharkhet – Bageshwar – 14 Km trekking (Night Stay at Bageshwar)
- Ex Kathgodam – 8 Days Trek. Kathgodam – Bageshwar – Pindari – Bageshwar – Kathgodam
Physical fit persons are required for this trek, who have good stemnna and high moral to do the trek.